Motivation

Tomorrow, my psychology class will be going over motivation and emotion. I reviewed Dan Pinks Ted talk on The Surprising Science of Motivation in preparation for the class.


I am making a personal note to look up ROWE, which stands for: Results Oriented Work Environment.

In class, I am going to discuss incentives (extrinsic motivators) like grades and pay (carrots and sticks) verses more intrinsic ones like autonomy, mastery and purpose. I'll be curious what they believe about The Candle Experiment that Pink discusses before I share the research done by the Fed Reserve Bank. Should be an interesting discussion anyway.

Next, I am reviewing Daniel Goleman's work on Emotional Intelligence. Wish I had access to This Emotional Life which aired on PBS last week. If you go there you can see some trailers.

Comments